When is Flatwoods Canoe Base Open?
We are open 7 days a week May till October. Our hours of operation are Sunday – Friday open at 8am and Saturday open at 7am. For early morning floats, call ahead. Our last pick-up of the day is 7:00pm. To set up Floats before May 1 and after October 31 call and reserve in advance.
TIPS & ADVICE TO MAKE YOUR CANOE TRIP MORE ENJOYABLE
- Try not to tip over-but if you do, don’t panic.
- Plan two people to a canoe for the most fun and comfort.
- No more than two children per canoe.
- ALWAYS wear your shoes.
- Landings are not always clearly marked.
- Know where you are getting out. Wear your life jackets.
- Grip your paddle with one hand on the shaft to guide the direction and the other hand on top of the shaft handle to push.
- Put the strongest person in the back of your canoe.
- Secure eyeglasses, coolers, etc. with string. Take care of your keys.
- Keep dry items in a waterproof container.
- Bring a change of clothes.
- Please don’t litter the river. Keep trash with you. It will be collected at the end of your trip.
- You may also want to remember to bring a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent or anything to add to your enjoyment of the day.
- Come and enjoy the fun of a relaxing trip on the river. Flatwoods Canoe Base has all the essentials you need. Just be sure to bring your sense of adventure and a big desire for a good time!